Schwarzman Scholars is seeking a Database Manager who will have responsibility for the coordination, management, and maintenance of the organization’s Salesforce platform. This database is used to help manage donor relations, career services outreach and record-keeping, and alumni affairs activities.
This individual will be an integral member of the organization, involved in cross-cutting initiatives, and will focus on maintaining data which drives:
- Prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities;
- Outreach to potential employers for program graduates and connections to students and alumni; and
- The establishment, promotion, and management of alumni relations as the program transitions from its start-up phase to an institution.
The successful candidate will build a cross-functional Salesforce database. This candidate will also ensure timely and accurate processing of data, which includes developing and maintaining systems, report preparation, list generation, data and gift entry, relationship management, and support of ongoing communications with Schwarzman Scholars constituencies.
- Ensure data integrity for students, alumni, donors, and the Schwarzman Scholars career network via Salesforce and GradLeaders;
- Advance and maintain Salesforce to ensure continued delivery of innovative, high quality solutions to meet the organization’s needs for development, career services, and alumni relations;
- Perform development, testing, implementation, documentation, and update tasks relating to Salesforce and other integrated applications;
-Integrate Salesforce with features and applications such as GradLeaders;
- Create (design, document, build) and manage (test, deploy) custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, custom workflow, approval processes, and other enhancements to Salesforce;
- Maintain current knowledge of Salesforce features, functionality, and enhancements; provide recommendations for systems improvements, and implement new functionalities;
- Actively keep abreast of CRM best practices and new Salesforce features.
-Facility and experience with Salesforce, preferably within a non-profit environment;
-Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity, integration, and performance issues; troubleshooting and optimizing queries and reports;
-Ability to work independently while also supporting a team;
-Excellent organizational and project management skills;
-Ability to exercise strict confidentiality with regard to sensitive information;
-Excellent verbal communication and teaching skills;
-Strong Excel and analytical skills for data manipulation, compiling Salesforce.com reports, identifying needed customizations and enhancing/configuring platform;
-Ability to analyze, trouble shoot and solve problems; attention to detail and accuracy;
-Working knowledge of data loading;
-Experience in higher education preferred;
-Experience with China a plus (but not required);
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com